INSTAGRAM

July 11, 2008

My Cast is off, my Pin is out!

Got the cast removed and the pin pulled out of my wrist, Wed. July 9th.

They put me under heavy sedation in the surgery. Versed, thank you for making me not remember the removal of the second pin! Being fully awake, alert, and w/out pain meds for the removal of the first pin was memorable enough.
Here I am in my pre-op room, getting ready to get going with the bidness:


My sister Kathy kindly took these photos for me, and stayed with me while I was in the hospital.
I hate my f'n neck btw.

And after the operation:

It was all quick and painless, the worst part was the IV. I hate getting IVs, but usually when they tape 'em down I can't feel them anymore. Not this one. It was a bitch all day. Before they gave me the Versed etc. I did a crossword puzzle to take my mind off of the IV.

And here is the pin ------------->>>>
A friend commented that it looked like a 16 penny nail. So I had to look up what a 16 penny nail is and I'd say he is about right. Except there is no nail head.
I've got both pins btw, hoping to get K1chik to make me some jewelry with them, someway somehow.
Now I'm back at work in a splint. I wear the splint when I am walking around or doing anything where I may slip and fall and re-injure myself. Except the shower...
But when I'm seated I take off the splint and do three exercises:
Turn the doorknob
Hammer the nail
Flip the pancake (my description of it)
I am already a lot better than I expected to be. Oh but I am jonesing for the water, and for my guitars!!!! And my new Vox amp...
Here is a vid to tide me and you over. It's the best band that ever was or will be, The Beatles. And I could have been singing this song for the past 7 weeks! Fortunately I have family and friends who did Help!
BTW John Lennon is the most beautiful thing in that video... I will always love him!

No comments: