INSTAGRAM

July 8, 2008

Update -hiking accident, bear chow, etc. etc.

Update July 8 Tomorrow I am getting this cast off and the second pin out. Went in today for surgery pre-testing. They asked a lot of questions, and had a lot of instructions, that seemed to indicate full anesthesia. That isn't what I was told to expect so I figure they ask the same things of everybody who comes in, regardless of the type of pain management. At least, I hope so. I'm hoping for a valium/demerol IV instead. That's what I got for my wisdom tooth and it worked a treat, as the Brits say.
No advil, no aspirin, no contact lenses, no makeup, no mouthwash, no food or drink after Midnight. No Kafka, no Verdi, no Dead Milkmen. Instead of ten commandments she read me a litany of dozens.
But - good news is I've had no lortab for days now, so I am driving my car. Being without a car in B'ham has sucked big time. Having a car again is sweet freedom.


Someone I love very much is going to Alaska this coming week to be mauled and eaten by bears, after which I will never see him again, and he is worried about: being bored during the trip.
I thought, later, after sharing a lunch break and giving him a final big goodbye hug, of books to suggest he read, but somehow I didn't suggest them. He is taking Into The Wild which is certainly thematically appropriate, but I have some different suggestions that, should he read my blog, he may take into consideration. I don't have the cheek, as the Brits say, to tell him the list in person.

OK on to the list:

Iron John

How 'bouts some Kafka

Flannery O'Kick Ass

Death In Venice

A Walk In The Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail

IMHO, out of all of these the last will be best... it is very funny and apropro. propropropro.

I am in an absurd mood tonight, surely in part because I am afraid of tomorrow. But I will muddle on through.

Let me tell you about a bad habit I've nurtured - looking up old high school mates (as the Brits say, rather than 'friends') on the Internet. And they are damn hard to find. Certainly the ones who loathe me (and vice versa) that I look up, to see how they are, are invisible on the 'net, but even ones I'd like to say hey to, like the one who became a goddamn lawyer, are not to be found easily, and then scantily when found. Whereas I am as easy to find online as a recipe for buttermilk spongecake.

Men, I am told, do not do this. The thought of finding old hags online, without the intent of talking to them but simply to be nosy, does not enter their minds. Ever.

On to future plans:

buy self new kayak, a playboat silly, whatthefuckelse would I get with a perfectly good Riot Magnum decorating my kitchen?

catch all the eddies in Broken Nose.

buy townhouse, so I don't have to deal with a yard, or downstairs OR upstairs neighbors.

That's plenty.

DJ

*edit - I was joking about Iron John!!!!*

No comments: