You can make it as spicy as you want. It's the cayenne red pepper that makes the difference,I almost always at least double it; triple if people are coming over.
Make this delicious chili in a large slow cooker for an easy to prepare chicken chili. Serve this flavorful chili with hot baked cornbread or cornbread muffins.
- 1 pound of boneless chicken breast (cut up into bite-sized pieces) (I buy canned chicken packed in water)
- 2 med onions (diced)
- 2 cans of green chilies (drained)
- 1 16oz can of white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups of chicken broth (canned is fine)
- 2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 3 tsp. cilantro
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2-3 jalapeno peppers (chopped)
- 4 cloves of garlic (crushed)
1. Saute onions in some butter or margerine.
2. Add all ingredients into crock-pot.
3. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or High 3-4 hours.
4. Serve topped with shredded Monterey Jack cheese and corn bread muffins.