INSTAGRAM

May 18, 2014

Live

My good friend Jody told me, after my mother died, that my mom would want us kids to live.  "Live!" he said. "That's what your mom would want.  That's what she would tell you.  Don't stay in sadness.".
It's been three years since she passed, but for some reason I felt that posting what Jody said to me would help someone, somewhere, today, so I'm posting it.
Today I am going to two memorials of friends that have recently died.  A bunch of my friends from my band days seem to be passing these days; it's scary and sad.
I try not to ponder my regrets very much, because it doesn't do any good.   What did someone tell me... 'don't look behind you because that's not the direction you're heading'.  I believe that is good advice. And really, as much as I miss some people who I don't communicate with now, there are others that I don't miss at all.  It's weird; I was around some old friends I hadn't seen in years yesterday and it struck me how different I am from the last time I talked to them.  That would have been before I started doing outdoor sports, back when I was a band member.  We really have little in common now.  But when someone from the Southside scene dies, especially someone as talented and accomplished as Mats, and as sweet and cool as Barry, I am reminded that I will always be part of that group of people, and we are all saddened by his loss.
T Regarding my letter, I am sorry, but not regretful, about what I wrote, because I was telling the truth, just in the most vicious way I could express; that I am sorry for.  People have to treat each other with respect or they deserve to get served.  We're not put on this Earth to hurt each other or take abuse. Ain't nobody got time for that.  Life is hard, damn it is hard!  Don't make it harder for each other. Everybody remember what you're making that pile of money for. What you spend the majority of your time awake doing - remember why.  If you don't know why you're doing what you do, find out.  If you think this post was rambling, you're right.  Now I gotta go to the memorials.  In the meantime read this: http://www.marcandangel.com/2012/03/19/15-ways-to-live-and-not-merely-exist/


No comments: