INSTAGRAM

August 25, 2011

Awesome and awful year so far

This has been a really strange year so far. I hadn't blogged about it, but my oldest sister Merls was diagnosed with breast cancer a few weeks after our mom died. She had a lumpectomy and is going to have radiation and Femara, so her prognosis is very good.
This means both of my sisters are breast cancer survivors, which is scary. I can't do anything about it except go to get screened every year (and I do and am clear) and just keep doing the things that make me happy.
Crossfit keeps improving my boating. Now that sounds like a trivial thing in the midst of the subject of cancer, but it is completely relevant. It is one of the reasons this year has been awesome at the same time it has been extremely sad and painful.
I am boating better this year than I ever have. Thank you crossfit.
Middle Fork of the Salmon was the best trip I've ever taken, ever. ever ever. ;-)
Week of Rivers was awesome as usual. Wish I lived closer to some folks...
I'm going skiing in Utah this December.
And I'm tinkering with violin.
I suppose the message here if there is any, is to keep busy doing the things you love, and find new things to love as well.

No comments: