INSTAGRAM

July 10, 2012

Quick Random Thoughts for July 10 2012




1.   Why didn't I think of this example of great pop yesterday? It is one of my favorite songs.

2.  Whenever people tell me they want to get in shape and might even try Crossfit, I suggest they do some burpees everyday first, after all they are free, require no equipment, and we do them in Xfit all of the time; they are a whole body aerobic and bodyweight exercise... and for some reason they never take me up on it.  Maybe it is because they are horrible.

3.  Book suggestion - "The Emperor of All Maladies" by Siddhartha Mukherjee.    It's about cancer.   I've just started it, fascinating read.  Also suggested reading:  This article in the NYT: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/08/health/in-gene-sequencing-treatment-for-leukemia-glimpses-of-the-future.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=general
and its sister articles as well, there are links to them on the page.

4.  I can't help thinking that there is something obvious about cancer that we are missing.  I wonder if great minds from other disciplines, like the branches of engineering, and art/design, and all other human endeavors, applied themselves to the puzzle of cancer if some answers to its genesis would be found.  Because cancer at its core is simply growth, unrestricted growth.  Now I am sure someone more knowledgeable can correct me on that definition. 

5.  Insomnia is one of the great perks of perimenopause.

6.  I love you.

7.  I painted my toenails sparkly blue.

No comments: