INSTAGRAM

February 7, 2022

Sad for the loss of a friend

 


Sunday February 6, a group of friends went to the West Fork of the Little River, a class II-III run. I had been invited to go but it would be a full day and I chose to do a quick Mulberry trip with Joan and Heather instead.  
My friend Carin Buford went on the West Fork trip and was well within her abilities for the run.  She was pinned under a rock in an accident.   Her crew got to her fast and started CPR until EMS arrived, but she did not survive.  
Carin had just stepped up to be a member of the Birmingham Canoe Club board this year.  I had approached her asking if she was interested in serving again and she said yes without hesitation.  Carin had just accepted the role of Trips and Training coordinator for the club.  
I am still in disbelief that she is gone and feel like anything else I would write would just be stupid.  

Some things I just can't make sense out of.





No comments: