INSTAGRAM

May 24, 2012

Quick Random Notes for May 24

1. Today is the 4th anniversary of my accident when I fell off the cliff in terms of it being the Thursday before Memorial Day.

2.  That is the second time I've had an accident where I 'should' have died.  The first was in 2000 when I flipped my pickup truck on northbound I-59.   My truck rolled repeatedly in the median, slid on the roof across the southbound lanes, and stopped upside down on the opposite side of the highway.  I walked away from that accident unhurt.   

3.  Near death experiences like this always seem unreal, and at first might make one think of life-changing activities but in all honesty, I end up going back to the same routine because, well, that's how life is.  I might think of packing it in and moving to Madagascar or something, but end up misplacing the car keys and cleaning up cat hair and painting my toe-nails same as it ever was.

4.  Indeed writing about the truck accident I almost feel like I'm writing fiction, but it did happen.

5.  Is there anything I could do to make things right?

6.  Thinking of getting one of those balance board thingies.  Like this:    http://www.amazon.com/Carrom-510-01-Balance-Board/dp/B00003G1U0  After all I need to find new ways to bust my ass.  Seriously though maybe it will help my skiing.   I don't snowboard.


7. One more thing - I had my recurring dream about owning a motorcycle again.   Something tells me that wouldn't be the best idea given my accident record, but...

No comments: