INSTAGRAM

December 30, 2004

Good morning...

I went out last night, didn't see anybody much out. Not too surprising on a Wednesday. But I went to the nearby coffee shop on the way home and got a Chai with skim milk and Splenda instead of sugar. It tasted so much like sugar that I wondered if it was really Splenda. mmmmm.

Today, I go to visit my father's grave. Afterward I'm going to go to Oak Mtn. state park and visit the animals in the Demonstration Farm. They have goats, burros, sheep, horses, cows, chickens, geese, pigs, and peacocks. Most of the animals there have interesting stories behind their finding homes at Oak Mtn. farm. There is a huge huge hog there that originally was a 'pet' piglet in an apt. in Hoover. He's not a Vietnamese Potbelly Pig - he is a white Meat Hog. I have no idea why the people who had him thought this was a good idea. He was donated to the Farm, and one of the keepers there was able to carry him to his pen. Now he weighs @600 lbs.
There is also a cow there that is about 15 years old. She wanders around with a bell on her neck and is very tame.
As you can see, I love the Oak Mtn. farm. A haven of misfit animals, it makes me happy to go there. Today I could use some happy.

No comments: